Monday, May 12, 2008

Sabbath

Monday is supposed to be my sabbath day. So what does a typical sabbath hold for me?
  1. Doing the washing and hanging it out to dry (there being no rain, that is - otherwise it gets spread around the house to dry)
  2. Going to the gym
  3. Doing the weekly grocery shopping
  4. Running other errands - like fetching the post
  5. Watching a movie - if there is one that appeals to me
  6. Answering emails
  7. Fielding phone calls - especially if I've forgotten to switch off my work phone
  8. Reading the newspaper
  9. Bringing in the dry washing and folding that which does not get ironed
  10. Advising the cook of the day about what to prepare for supper
  11. Checking out facebook and my blog
  12. Putting my feet up with a book - preferably a novel, otherwise something work related that is grabbing my attention or interest
  13. Tidying up my messy, crisis-laden desk
  14. Visiting a friend while Ned practises with Ma's Boys (the barber-shop singing group that he is a part of)
  15. Going to bed too late!

No comments: