Monday, September 1, 2008

Living a Double Life

29 August was a long day´s nite. We arose at 03h00 to get ready to catch taxi to Heathrow for 06h40 flight to Madrid, then wait for flight at 13h00 to Mexico City. This time we got it right to book our baggage straight through to Mexico. The journey took 11 hours to travel 4 and a half hours, arriving Mexico at 17h30 local time. So while I was snoozing, wiggling my feet, walking up and down the aisle, waiting for time to pass, I was also landing in Mexico, going through passport control, collecting baggage (and finding my suitcase missing!), waiting for connecting flight to Queretaro, travelling to the hotel and booking in. (Minus my suitcase, which the lady in the baggage area of the airport assured me would be found and delivered to the hotel).

So the night that I was living was not the tomorrow it should have been but the last night that I´d already lived! Just goes to prove that I am not as old as I thought I was. Or perhaps I´ve fallen into Narnia?? Only time will tell!

No comments: