Sunday, September 14, 2008

Missing Baggage

What do you do when you arrive in Mexico City after a 2 hour flight from London, a 4 hour wait in the air terminal at Madrid, and an 11 hour flight from Madrid - and find that your suitcase did not arrive with you - even though your husband's did and they were booked on at the same time? The answer is - nothing much! There is nothing you can actually do except report it to the powers that be - who confidently informed me that the luggage would be delivered to my hotel when it arrived. Yeah, sure, I thought - in your dreams and mine. And so we continued our wait for 5, which became 6, hours for our flight to Queretaro -arrived there close to midnight, and were transported to our Hotel Mision Juriquilla Queretaro - to collapse into bed at about 01h30.

I didn't have my pjs - so wore a T-shirt of Ned's. At least I did have a change of clothes in my back-pack that I carried on the plane with me. The thought crossed my mind that this may be the Lord's way of giving me a new wardrobe of clothes - also in my dreams perhaps!! We ventured into Queretaro by taxi later that morning (Saturday 30 August) to see what I could get to better clothe myself - and managed to get a couple of items to tide me over - for how long we did not yet know.

Surprise surprise - reception phoned on Sunday morning to inform me that a phone-call from the airport indicated that my baggage had arrived at 03h00 that morning and would be delivered. That too I thought might be the subject of dreams and decided to wait and see before becoming excited. And would you know - on Monday morning my suitcase was waiting for me at reception, having been delivered during the night!

Forgive me Lord for my cynical scepticism - and thank you for returning my belongings to me. Amen.

No comments: