Monday, September 24, 2007

One Night With The King

My friend Les Morgan (from Barberton) and I went to see the movie 'One Night with the King' today. There have been mixed reviews about the movie. I wouldn't put it on the top of my list as being a particularly accurate account of the story of Esther in scripture. However the very broad outline of the story was there. I appreciated the costumes and sets. Why is it that movie makers find it necessary to make, to my mind, unnecessary changes and produce something that is less than authentic? Is it because they think they will make more money by appealing to what is reputed to be asked for by audiences? I wonder.

1 comment:

Wessel Bentley said...

Hi Beryl

Welcome to the bloggery. I will add a link on my blogspot to yours. I'm sure you'll get a bit more traffic.

Blessings

wes