Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Household Glitches

Isn't it strange how things go 'wrong' when one or other spouse is out of the country for a while?! Ned left with the Mozambique Outreach team in the early hours of Saturday morning 28th June. On Saturday evening Richard and I noticed that the geyser was 'dripping' - and turning it off at the electricity box made no difference. So, in came the plumbers on Monday - to replace the safety valve - and on leaving informed me that there should be two vacuum release valves in the two copper pipes. If they'd told me in the beginning of their 'job' I could have got them to do that at the same time! I was left wondering whether their late information was as a result of their non-reflective status - but perhaps that's a bit unfair!

Then this evening I wondered why the food in the oven was taking so long to cook. The lights were off, which is normal when the oven is up to the temperature set. When I opened the oven I discovered that it was cold. So the fuse had to be replaced. Thank goodness I replaced the spare fuse last time. So we will have supper tonight - courtesy of the microwave which was put into use while I did the fuse replacement thing.

It makes me wonder what - if anything - will go 'wrong' when both Ned and I are on our travels to England and Mexico in August/ September and Richard and Paul are keeping the fort. Is it only a spouse thing, or is it a parent thing as well?

No comments: