Sunday, August 3, 2008

Moving On

I have been one of those moms who displayed the things made by my kids from the time that they went to playschool. When we lived in the Transkei, the passage walls were decorated with various achievements in the way of pictures and art work. When we moved to this house, my cupboard door became the repository for such works of love - by that stage there was only one pre-schooler.

Now, fifteen years later, I stood back to view the cupboard objectively. Some of the work has already fallen off and been disposed of - as can be seen by the little globs of prestik still in place. The question that rises in my mind now is: should I wait for the others to all fall off? or should I take them off? I know Paul won't be offended if I take them off - but, it means the end of an era that has already ended, but which I have not quite let go of yet.

Perhaps I will wait until there are offerings from grandchildren before I clear the way?!
Sometimes it is hard to move on.

No comments: