Friday, December 5, 2008

4U2NVME

That was the license plate on a golden, low-slung Jaguar that was driving in front of me this afternoon. I couldn't read the model number. Well, I thought about what the owner was saying on the license plate, and I decided - no, I do not envy him/her. I do not envy the cost that it would be to maintain such a vehicle, or what would be spent in fuel on that vehicle. If someone were to jump a red robot and crash into it, it would sustain similar damage to any other crashed-into vehicle, and cause just as much grief and inconvenience as anyone else would suffer. It probably would not be hi-jacked - but then neither would mine as mine is not a sought after make or model. I am content with my car, and very happy with the 5.5L/100Km that it gets on a long trip. No, that Jaguar is NOT 4ME2NV at all.

1 comment:

Rock in the Grass (Pete Grassow) said...

so beryl: what do you ENV? I sdo not envy things - but do catch myself wanting to envy people who get positions / recognition / opportunities that I wish I had. This ENV stuff is definitely insidiously seductive.