Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Connections

As a young child I was often amazed at my dad when we traveled anywhere on holiday. It seemed that whatever route we drove, and whatever insignificant (to me) town we passed through, there was always an "I wonder if so and so still lives here". Fortunately we didn't often stop to check the telephone directory and find out if that long-since-seen distant relative or friend was still around. I think - at that age - I would have found it very frustrating and an intrusion on our holiday time! However, the older I get the more aware I become of connections that make the world a much smaller place than we would imagine.

Recently a very close friend of mine (Marcia) celebrated her sister's (Bev)60th birthday. I saw the photos on facebook. In some of them are a couple that I know. The connection is this: Marcia's sister Bev is married to Arno. Arno has a sister Anne who is married to Richard. Richard has a sister Rose who is my sister-in-law. Now how is that for a small world?
Seems to me that it all comes from having sisters!

No comments: