Monday, April 21, 2008

LiveAMMO

What you see in the picture below is certainly not live ammunition. I removed the mousetraps from their 'hiding places' today and, as you see, they would not have caught mice or anything else! But scroll down for the real LiveAMMO
LiveAMMO
This is the band that Paul (my son) is in: Guitarists Paul (left), Neall (centre), Luke (right - obscured by keyboard); Marcus on drums; Kevin on keyboard. The 3 guitarists began practising together in our garage during the December 2007 holidays, and were soon joined by Kevin and Marcus. They now practise at Marcus' house, because his drums are permanently set up there. On Saturday they played for parents and family - and what remarkable progress they have made. They are producing a really good sound together. Their vision is to give the gospel message through music to youth in schools etc. Confirmation of the name that they have chosen for themselves comes from Isaiah 49:2 - He made my mouth like a sharpened sword, in the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me into a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

I am in awe of what God does and how he works in lives - and I am excited at what I see happening among the youth. Paul, at the age of 8, said that he didn't want to play an instrument but wanted to carry on with theory of music. At the time he was excelling at playing the recorder even though he never (or very very very seldom) practised between lessons!! He continued with theory until the end of grade 9, when sport and school became too busy for him to fit it in any more - he'd also had enough by then! When Allan bought a guitar, Paul started to strum and play on it a bit. Then he bought his own just over a year ago (Allan having moved away to do his Internship), and has been making great strides with Neall's help. He plays every day - a good stress reliever after a long day of lectures and dissection and whatever else medical students are confronted with. My heart has been warmed as I have heard him gain confidence in his playing and expand his repertoire - not that I have said much - Mom's comments are not always needed!!!!

What excites me is that God just not bless us with talents - but he gives us the passion which drives us to develop and use those talents. What a mighty God we serve - there is none like him!

No comments: