Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Satisfied Customer

After a couple of years our very cheap DVD player, purchased at a well-known store, developed an irreparable problem. I didn't know it was irreparable when I returned the thing for possible fixing. After a month, during which I was assured by sms every week that they would get round to having a look at my unit, I finally received an sms to say that the unit was irreparable and could I please go and fetch it. Which I duly did today - planning to drop it off at hospice so that the metal etc could be sent for recycling or whatever they do with the stuff. To my amazement, I was offered an upgrade to the current model, just paying the difference between my old model and the new one. That amounted to R140 - for a brand new DVD. The further amazing thing is that I connected it to our TV and it works with a clear picture!!

I am one satisfied customer because the old unit was outside any warranty period.
I feel blessed!

No comments: